ABOUT THE COVER
Booking Protection provides extra peace of mind when purchasing your tickets that you're protected against the unexpected.
We want you to have the best possible experience at the Formula 1 Grand Prix but we also understand that it's an important purchase and
unfortunately circumstances can sometimes change on the lead-up to the event or on the big day itself that prevents
your attendance. Booking Protection is designed to give you extra cover for a range of circumstances to ensure you receive
a complete refund if you are unable to attend and that includes any service and delivery fees.
The full terms and conditions are below, but in summary protection includes cover for:
- Injury and sickness
- Death of individuals or immediate family
- Travel delays
- Jury service
- Strikes, riots, and civil commotion
- Adverse weather
- Event cancellation or rescheduling
Please note that the scheme does not cover you against loss or theft of tickets.
We think Booking Protection is a great addition, particularly for the Formula 1 Grand Prix as tickets are often
high value, booked in advance, and the races take place throughout the world. However, Booking Protection is completely optional
so the decision is always yours. Where available, the cover will be shown on the checkout. If you do not wish to be covered,
just remove the Booking Protection on the checkout page at the time of booking.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you are unclear about any aspect of the terms and conditions then please contact us and we will be happy to answer any queries you have.
1. PROTECTION COVERAGE
Subject always to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained herein the Booking Protection is to refund the Ticket Buyer under the Refund Scheme should the Individual Person(s) incur a Ticket Price Loss solely and directly as a result of a peril beyond the control of the Individual Person(s) as stated below:
- 1.1 The Individual Person(s) inability to attend or late arrival at the Event such that they are unable to attend the Event thereby being wholly unable to utilise the Ticket(s) solely as a direct result of:
- Incapacity of the Individual Person(s) through Accident, Bodily Injury or Sickness first commencing prior to the Event.
- Death of the Individual Person(s) or a member of their Immediate Family within thirty days prior to the date of the Event.
- Travel Delay due to the mechanical failure of or accidental damage to the transport in which the Individual Person(s) are travelling or due to a cause outside of the control of each of the Individual Person(s) that solely and directly prevents the Individual Person(s) continued safe transit to the Event.
- The unavoidable requirement of the Individual Person (s) to perform Jury Service where the Jury Summons was first received by the Individual Person(s) after the date of ticket purchase from bookF1.com
- Strikes, Riots, Civil Commotion, Martial Law.
- Restricted access to the Venue caused by Flood, Fire, Explosion, or through the act of a constituted authority to protect Public Health and Safety.
- Adverse weather, including snow, fog, frost or storm preventing attendance at the Venue.
- The unavoidable requirement for the Individual Person(s) to remain at home due to serious damage to the Individual Person(s) home or place of business caused by fire, aircraft, explosion, storm, flood, subsidence, earthquake, falling trees, burst pipes, lightning, malicious persons or theft.
- The Individual Person(s) inability to attend an Event which is Rescheduled after the date of ticket purchase from bookF1.com, due solely to a Prior Engagement of the Individual Person(s) such prior engagement to be existing prior to the date of the first announcement of the Rescheduling.
- 1.2 Cancellation, Abandonment, Postponement or Relocation of the Event which is the sole and direct result of a cause not otherwise excluded which occurs during the period of cover and is beyond the control of the Individual Person(s) and the Participant.
- 1.3 This Booking Protection provides cover up to and not exceeding the total booking price of the same booking the cover was selected on.
- 2.1 Loss for the purpose of this Booking Protection means the Ticket Price Loss.
- 2.2 Ticket Price Loss means the invoiced purchase price, including service fees and fulfilment costs as evidenced in the confirmation of ticket purchase excluding any charge applicable under the Booking Protection Scheme.
- 2.3 bookF1.com Booking Protection means the Booking Protection as set out and defined on the website that the Buyer made their purchase.
- 2.4 Venue means the place(s) as detailed on the individual ticket purchased where the Event is to be held.
- 2.5 Accident means a sudden, unexpected and unintended, specific event which occurs at an identifiable time and place.
- 2.6 Bodily Injury means an identifiable physical injury, including illness resulting from such injury, which is caused by an Accident occurring after the ticket was purchased.
- 2.7 Sickness means an illness which is sufficiently debilitating to prohibit safe movement of the Individual Person concerned and their inability to travel and which did not exist before the ticket was purchased.
- 2.8 Event means the particular performance for which the ticket was purchased.
- 2.9 Cancellation or Cancelled means the inability to proceed with the Event prior to commencement which takes place either on the date specified on the ticket or on the Rescheduled date.
- 2.10 Abandonment or Abandoned means the inability to complete more than 30% of the Event once commenced.
- 2.11 Postponement or Postponed means the unavoidable rescheduling of the Event to another time.
- 2.12 Relocation or Relocated means the unavoidable removal of the Event to another location.
- 2.13 Rescheduled or Rescheduling means the Postponement and / or Relocation of the Event to a date after the original date stated on the ticket(s).
- 2.14 Participant means any party, including without limitation, any act, artist, celebrity, sports or other person(s) billed to appear or perform at the Event or any provider of technical services, who is contracted to perform a function critical to successful fulfilment of the Event.
- 2.15 Prior Engagement means a pre existing engagement in respect of which the Individual Person(s) has written proof that such Individual Person(s) has committed to attend prior to the announcement of the date of a Rescheduled Event.
- 2.16 Immediate Family means the mother, father, sister, brother, children, spouse, civil partner or co-habitee (and their children) and civil law partner provided that such person(s) are subject to Exclusions 5.12 and 5.13 of this Policy.
- 2.17 Individual Person means the invoiced purchaser together with the persons on whose behalf the invoiced purchaser has purchased tickets for the Event from bookF1.com's Website who is included in the bookF1.com Refund Scheme.
- 2.18 Non Appearance means any loss in consequence of the Cancellation or Abandonment of the Event arising directly or indirectly from the death, accident, or illness, or travel delay of the Participant.
- 2.19 National Mourning means Cancellation, Abandonment, Postponement or Relocation of the Event caused by any period of mourning declared by the Government or Monarchy of the country in which the Event is due to take place.
- 2.20 “Terrorism” means: an unlawful act including but not limited to the use of force or violence and / or the threat thereof, by any person(s) acting individually or on behalf of or in connection with any organisation(s) or government(s) committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government and / or to put the public or any part thereof in fear.
3. CONDITIONS PRECEDENT
It is a condition precedent to the liability of the Booking Protection that to refund the Individual Person(s) have or has:
- 3.1 Truthfully declared all material facts.
- 3.2 No knowledge at inception or at the date of any ticket sale of any undisclosed matter, fact or circumstance, actual or threatened, that increases or could increase the possibility of a loss under this Booking Protection.
- 3.3 Paid the Booking Protection fee due at the time of booking.
- 3.4 Observe and comply with the requirements of any applicable law, ordinance, court or regulatory body.
- 3.5 Throughout the currency of this cover comply with the terms of the Booking Protection.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- 4.1 Any fraud, misstatement or concealment or negligent statement in the information provided either prior to inception or at any time throughout the currency of this cover or in the making of a claim shall render this Booking Protection voidable and any claims shall be forfeit.
- 4.2 The Individual Person(s) shall at all times take all reasonable care and measures to avoid or diminish a loss under this cover.
- 4.3 The Booking Protection fee and any costs or expenses incurred in the formulation of a claim hereunder shall not be recoverable items.
- 4.4 In the event of any incident which may give rise to a claim under this cover the Individual Person is to follow the claims procedure within 7 days of the knowledge of such an incident arising to give such relevant information and evidence as may reasonably be required and co-operate fully in the investigation and adjustment of the claim.
- 4.5 All returns, recoveries and payments due to the Individual Person following a loss, paid or otherwise, are to be for the benefit of the Booking Protection scheme.
- 4.6 The Underwriters reserve the right to pursue any action for recovery from any party, whether before or after payment of a loss, at their sole discretion. In the event of any payment under the Booking Protection, the Underwriters shall be subrogated to the extent of such payment to all the Individual Person’s rights of recovery and the Individual Person shall execute all papers required and shall do everything that may be necessary to secure such rights.
- 4.7 This Booking Protection is mutually agreed to be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
This Booking Protection does not cover any loss directly or indirectly arising out of, or contributed to by, or resulting from:
- 5.1 Any contractual dispute or breach by the Individual Person(s).
- 5.2 The Individual Person(s) lack of care, diligence or prudent behaviour, the results of which would increase the risk, and/or likelihood of a loss hereunder.
- 5.3 The Individual Person(s) failing to observe and comply with the requirements of any law, ordinance, court or regulatory body of whatever jurisdiction.
- 5.4 Any fraud, misrepresentation or concealment by the Individual Person (s).
- 5.5 Actual or threatened War, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, confiscation, nationalisation, requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under order of any government or public or local authority.
- 5.6 Any financial failure of or financial default by anyone.
- 5.7 Lack of or inadequate receipts or sales for the Event.
- 5.8 Variations in the rate of exchange, rate of interest or stability of any currency.
- 5.9 Loss or damage caused in whole or part by ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof, nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
- 5.10 Seizure or destruction under quarantine or customs regulations, confiscation, nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property, by or under the order of any government or public or local authority, or the handling of contraband or the engaging in illicit trade or transportation.
- 5.11 Seepage and/or pollution and/or contamination unless it is discovered during the period of this Booking Protection and is a direct cause of a loss covered hereunder.
- 5.12 Failure of the Individual Person in the event of bodily injury or illness to consult a duly qualified medical practitioner and comply with the medical advice given thus causing a loss in whole or part under this cover.
- 5.13 Death, bodily injury or illness of the Individual Person directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from: suicide or intentional self injury or criminal act committed by the Individual Person, or any condition affecting the Individual Person which existed prior to the inception of this cover.
- 5.14 Non Appearance of any Participant.
- 5.15 Any loss directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of or contributed to by or resulting from, any influenza variant or communicable disease which prior to or simultaneously with the loss arising, is declared an epidemic or pandemic by the World Heath Organisation and/or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and/or Atypical Pneumonia and/or Avian Flu and/or any threat or fear of any of the above (whether actual or perceived).
- 5.16 The actual or threatened malicious use of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials regardless of any other cause or event contributing, concurrently or in any other sequence, thereto.
- 5.17 Any loss or claim in excess of the limit(s) stated in the Schedule.
6. CLAIMS PROCEDURE
- 6.1 That the Individual Person notifies the appointed representative as soon as practically possible and in any circumstances within seven (7) days of the incident which leads to a claim being made under the Booking Protection scheme and
- 6.2 That the Individual Person returns the unused ticket(s) or if not issued, the proof of purchase or original receipt to the appointed representative as soon as practically possible and in any circumstances within thirty (30) days of the incident which leads to a claim being made under the Booking Protection scheme.
- 6.3 The Individual Person shall, as a matter of urgency using the dedicated email address (provided by bookF1.com), advise the appointed representative of the incident, confirm the facts as soon as possible in writing and take all steps to minimise their loss as directed by the appointed representatives.
- 6.4 Provide the appointed representatives with, all information requested including all documentation and records necessary to assess their claim.
- 6.5 The Individual Person(s) shall co-operate fully in the investigation of the refund claim.
To make a claim please contact Hyperion Adjusters Ltd by email on F1refunds@hyperionadjusters.com